- Under the general supervision of the VP of Retail Lending, this position is responsible for the management of the retail lending operations, which include: origination, processing, underwriting, closing, and post-closing for residential and consumer loans. In addition, the Residential Loan Operations Manager will oversee the coordination of the Bank’s secondary market activities and process, as well as quality control and reporting.
- Oversees the daily activities of all Retail Lending functions to ensure accurate and timely processing of all loan account records and documentation.
- Proactively maintains loan pipeline(s) to highest level of efficiency standards.
- Approves loans up to established lending authority. Makes recommendations to VP/Retail Lending for loan decisions exceeding lending authority.
- Manages all aspects of secondary market relationships and requirements.
- Remains abreast of applicable Federal and State regulations and other secondary market requirements and municipal requirements; implements operating changes as necessary; ensures compliance within function.
- Assists in the development and implementation of lending policies and procedures to comply with regulatory requirements, bank policy, goals and market conditions. Trains staff as necessary to implement approved changes.
- Conducts periodic market analysis of competitor products and pricing as well as market rates and conditions.
- Acts as primary liaison with vendors to resolve issues and improve efficiencies.
- Prepares and coordinates management and regulatory reports.
- Reviews and monitors all designated daily reports including quality control reviews; corrects errors or settlement problems; manages quick resolution to exception processing according to department policy; when appropriate escalates processing or settlement issues promptly.
- Provides leadership to Retail Lending personnel through planning, organization, output and control. Motivates and maintains a positive morale in the department.
- Evaluates training and development needs, and provides support as needed.
- Conducts performance appraisals, assists in setting personal and departmental goals, and provides valuable ongoing feedback. Implements corrective action as needed.
- Provides overall support to the VP, Retail Lending
- Assists customers and staff with questions or problems.
- Contributes to the overall department goals by accomplishing assigned duties as required, including participation in teamed and special projects.
- Actively participates in community organizations and events; represents the Bank in the community.
- Minimum of 5 years of supervisory/managerial experience in origination, processing, underwriting, closing, post-closing and servicing for residential and consumer loans, including collections.
- Proficiency in secondary market operations
- Working knowledge of applicable Federal and State regulations
- Ability to learn and master the Bank’s Lending platform and other required applications
- Computer literate, with proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Strong leadership skills
- Courteous and effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and organize workflow
- Ability to perform with attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed